Sunday, March 27, 2016

Cuba


I don't think our Pres going to Cuba or easing trade restrictions is a big problem.. Not sure why it seems like such a big deal on both sides of the political aisle.
Yes Cuba was a big deal in the 13 days the US faced off with the Soviets about Med range Missiles being based there. That _realy_ was a big deal. I wish my kids history book would have talked more about it. instead it was two short paragraphs followed by a chapter on JFK's assassination.
These days the US and the Russians (and I expect several others) can launch cruise missile strikes undetected from close range.
So is continuing punishing an impoverish little Caribbean island for being a Soviet pawn worth while?
I don't think so. The world cares more about N Korea and Sudan than the Castro's. However some real education on Mr Hipster T'shirt poster child / butcher and war criminal Che' might be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment