Saturday, January 17, 2015

Imigration

hmmm I have been told recently that since I oppose _illegal_ immigration, that I am a bigot and racist and a few other unseemly terms.
My response:
I respect those who immigrate and follow the rules, they have jumped through hoops and worked harder to be an American than most of us "Natural Born" citizens can imagine. I think the current rules need a major over haul. There are many hard working people who deserve a better chance than they are given.
It burns my butt when folk who did not follow the rules fly another nations flag and demand to know why they should not be recognized as equal to those who worked their butts off to become citizens (not immigrants _citizens_ ) Why should I think they deserve more than the true immigrants who followed the rules and are trying to become citizens of what _should_ be the greatest nation on earth.
I am not against immigration. I am against taking away from those who followed the rules and did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment