Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Scalia

these are posts I made on face book soon after his death

1.
The death of Associate Supreme Court Justice Scalia has opened up many cans of political worms. Conservative Vs Liberal; Dem Vs Rep; One Vs Other.
I am ashamed of these worms and that their cans being kicked are what is in the news.
A Man who dedicated his life to our Nation as one of just nine who might interpret the Constitution of what _should_ be the greatest Nation on earth has gone on to meet his Maker.
A Man who had a wife and children, and grand children.
No Matter what you thought of him in life please give his family peace and honor in his death. He served many years in an office very few would ever want.

2.
I have been avoiding politics but I have to say something now.
A Current Sitting Associate Justice of the Supreme Court has died.
This is a big deal. especially in a final election year of a 2 term president.
As I remember from HS civics class there are three main branches of the government, Executive, Legislative and Judicial.
The Executive has refused to attend the funeral of some one who is currently serving in the Judicial. The Supreme Court. A current serving member.
I as a former service member will support my Commander in Chief as in faith I support him therefor I support my nation.
However I have to say today I am very, very disappointed in him. (Barrack Obama if you are listening I mean you)

3. 
Gotta say .. I have cool friends.
I made two posts this last week regarding Justice Scalia's unfortunate death and his funeral. All my friends here were polite to me and others commenting whether they knew each other or not.
There were differences of opinion and philosophy but no one got Rude or nasty.
Thank you my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment