Monday, September 26, 2016

olympic

originaly posted to Facebook back in August


I have never heard so much hate from Americans toward athletes representing the USA in the Olympics!
I have read stories claiming Ibtihaj Muhammad _deserved_ to loose because she expressed an opinion about a US Presidential candidate and followed her religious and moral beliefs in wearing the hijab. These stories about a US athlete representing the USA published by US media! I have even read some that claim she was knocked out easily and quickly and she deserved that as well which is pure ignorance of the sport and flat out hateful and untrue.
What the ever loving F***?!
Now media is bashing Gabby Douglas because at a very pivotal and emotional moment she forgot to put her hand on her heart? Hell I have forgotten to take my hat off on an average hot day in Texas and I was just a spectator not winning a life time dream of an Olympic Gold medal!
These Athletes have literally made it their life's work to represent this country to the world. I gave an oath as a soldier and quite honestly I consider Olympic athletes on the US team equal in the world representation.
Have some respect folks

No comments:

Post a Comment